Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010- The Year in Review

Growing up I always enjoyed looking at those National Geographic or Time Magazine year in review slideshows so I thought I'd present one of my own with 10 images that represent big events that happened this year.


2010 wasn't exactly my favorite year in the books but it's all just part of the road that is life.

10. Zumba Zumba Zumba. I did a lot of Zumba this year and met a lot of great new people and became better friends with more people because of it.




9. Chicago/Meeting Imogen Heap
Josh and I went to Chicago for our anniversary and we went to an Imogen Heap concert where we were lucky enough to meet her afterward. She is one of the nicest, most down to earth people I've ever met and I thought it was great that she talked to us for as long as we wanted to.



8.  Baseball games galore. Go Cards!
7. Friends getting married all over the place. Rachael and Gabe, Tim and Ashley, Renee and Ray! Lots of great, fun weddings to attend.
6. The Photography class! I took a photography class this past semester and loved every minute of it. It was so great to get familiar with my camera and all of its settings and learn how to use it correctly. I was pretty pleased with seeing how much I learned over those few months. This is a shot from one of my favorite assignments, everything turned out beautifully given the conditions that day!


5. The Balloon Glow. This was such a beautiful thing to experience, something so simple as balloons lighting up can be so calming.
4. This Guy. We've been through some stuff together this year that could be really trying on our relationship but I feel like things are better than ever. I really love him.
3. The hardest thing this year was losing my Great Nana. She's greatly missed, she was such a beautiful soul. Miss you so much, Nan.

2. Quality time. Something I cherished the most about this year was just getting to spend some quality time with my parents. I really value the friendship that we have and the importance they have in my life. Whether it was countless Zumba events with my mom or going on on photoshoots with my dad, there were some good times.
Missouri Market with my Mom.


1. The most recent event, to end the year, was the EF3 Tornado that touched down here in St. Louis. I was actually on my way to an eye doctor's appointment right in the area that got hit the worst. If I hadn't stuck around to talk to my friend Kat after Zumba I'd probably been stuck right in the worst of it. I've never seen anything like this in my life and I'm just thankful that no one was injured badly over in Sunset Hills.



Definitely an eventful 2010 and here's hoping to an exciting but better 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment