Monday, February 28, 2011

The Death of Compy

My poor computer bit the dust. I came home from a nice Sushi date with Josh to my laptop covered in water. The culprit? Xander. That cat has a love of batting anything and everything off of a table. It's like that game you play with babies where you hand them something and then they drop it and you repeat the process and they think it is so funny.

Well guess what Xander, it's not funny. Your obsession with batting things across the table has cost me my lovely laptop. Since my computer was my source of all my photography happiness and being able to share those things with you, I've been kind of down in the dumps about it all. I haven't been very inspired to take pictures because I can't put them anywhere and edit them at home. It's a major bummer.

I'm currently using an old iMac from 1837 and he's nicked named Ole Moses. It's nice to at least have something but he doesn't compare to Compy.

I have no new and exciting pictures to share with you today. Sad times, I know. I'm really going to be working on Portfolio Building in the next couple weeks, especially since the weather is gradually getting nicer. I really need to work on my post processing with skin tones and such, but I really want to spend this time behind the camera working on composition, exposure and focus. I'm part of a photography online forum and I'm learning so much each day by seeing other people's pictures and the constructive criticism that's given from day to day. I really wish I had the capability of sharing more online with them, but given the current computer situation, it's been kind of difficult to do so.

My plan is to take any extra money I might make in the next few months and put it towards a new iMac. Like this beauty here:


My current project (non-photography) that I'm working on is to create a design logo for the Bonnaroo music festival this summer in Tennessee. My friend Amber and I really want to go, but to cut back costs I'm entering this contest to see if I can win us a pair of tickets. Here are my ideas so far, still making a choice. Feel free to chime in if you like one over the other.



4 comments:

  1. I really like the third one, but I would be intrigued to see with the stripes having the opaque lowered more (so they are more transparent and less "there" if that makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by opaque, I meant opacity. lol I hope that made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat did the same thing once - we took the back off the computer and let it air out for a few days. It worked fine so it's worth a try! Also - I like the 1st one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your computer:( I am from TN and Bonnaroo music fest is very fun! Good job on the logos! I like them all, but I think I like the third one the best. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete